Re: WWW <-> Database query tools

From: Friedel Hosenfeld <friedel_at_pz-oekosys.uni-kiel.d400.de>
Date: 1996/10/07

Andy Ross wrote:

> We have a number of Oracle database tables that we would like to query
> through World Wide Web forms. For various reasons we are not going to be
> using Oracle Corp.'s Web Server. I would appreciate recommendations for
> any products that have proven successful for you in allowing users to
> interact with SQL based databases through web forms. Something that could
> capture the user
> query parameters, formulate the query, gather the data from the database, and
> present the results to the user in a web page based on the query results.

We are using ORALink which is available for NT and some Unix (e.g. Digital Unix) on
 http://oradb1.jinr.ru/Software/ORALink/

You can embed SQL-commands and formating descriptions in your HTML-code. It is very easy to manage and works fine. (& it's free!)

Best regards,
 friedel

--
    Friedel Hosenfeld        http://www.pz-oekosys.uni-kiel.de/~friedel