Re: WWW <-> Database query tools

From: C Carr <clint_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1996/10/05

Andy Ross (ross_at_mscf.med.upenn.edu) wrote:
: We have a number of Oracle database tables that we would like to query
: through World Wide Web forms. For various reasons we are not going to be
: using Oracle Corp.'s Web Server. I would appreciate recommendations for
: any products that have proven successful for you in allowing users to
: interact with SQL based databases through web forms. Something that could
: capture the user
: query parameters, formulate the query, gather the data from the database, and
: present the results to the user in a web page based on the query results.

: Thanks.

: Andy Ross
: ross_at_mscf.med.upenn.edu

Check out http://www.websocket.com/idbs.html

They have a multithreaded Internet Database Server that runs on 95/NT. Using their solution would require an Oracle ODBC dirver for the 95/NT database server. It should work fine if you don't mind a 3 tier solution. Received on Sat Oct 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message