Performance problem Forms 4.5

From: Bas Kooiman <bkooiman_at_ibmc10.eniac.nl>
Date: 1996/06/09

Hi,

I am testing a Forms 4.5 application. Performance is the biggest problem at the moment. Starting a new screen takes about 10 seconds. And also a query lasts a long time.

I use the following configuration:

RS-6000 with AIX 3.2
Oracle Server 7.3.2 - I also tried Oracle 7.1 SQL*Net V2 - I also tried SQL*Net V1 Forms 4.5
Pentium 75 with 32 Mb - I tried Windows 3.11 and Windows 95 Ethernet 10 MHz

The application uses a lot of database triggers and procedures.

Can anyone help me with a method to improve the performance of this configuration?

If possible reply also by E-Mail directly.

Thanks in advance

 Bas Kooiman
 Tel : +31 (0)10 - 284 28 66
 E-Mail : bkooiman_at_elc.com