Re: Performance problem Forms 4.5

From: Jim Winterroth <james.winterroth_at_trw.com>
Date: 1996/06/12

Bas Kooiman wrote:
> I am testing a Forms 4.5 application. Performance is the biggest problem
> at the moment. Starting a new screen takes about 10 seconds. And also
> a query lasts a long time.
> <snip>
> The application uses a lot of database triggers and procedures.
> Can anyone help me with a method to improve the performance of
> this configuration?
>
> If possible reply also by E-Mail directly.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Let me know what you find out. We have Oracle in here writing an
application for us. On a 586/90 with 32Mb of RAM and Win 3.1 it originally took 30 seconds to load, column security was then enabled and the load time went up to 2 minutes. - This is just getting to the first screen where the user can enter/query data. Oracle's response is that's the penalty for using column security. Database is ver 7.1.6. We also have a fair number of stored procedures.

Jim Winterroth Received on Wed Jun 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message