Re: RFD: comp.databases.oracle reorganization

From: Jack L. Swayze Sr. <keystrk_at_feist.com>
Date: 1996/06/04

In article <4oo1rr$i6g_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com> stevec5088_at_aol.com (Stevec5088) writes:
>To all in comp.databases.oracle:
>
>I have only seen negative comments on my decision to create
>the group comp.databases.oracle.admin for database and
>system administration topics.

I would take that as a good indication that the *.admin suffix would not work well in this situation. As for me... if I saw bla.bla.bla.admin I would think it was a newsgroup for those folks who 'administer' the other newsgroup named bla.bla.bla. Now, if you want DBAs to read your newsgroup, end it with DBA, makes sense, doesnt it?

And if I were to look for Jobs, I most certainly would NOT look in a newsgroup called 'marketplace' or some such vague name.

>I need a little more feedback on this if anyone feels it is
>important. Is there anyone who will support the .admin
>suffix, or should I revise the name? I believe revising the
>name will require starting the RFD process all over.

sometimes, you just have to pay for your mistakes

'Keystroke'
KeystrkTX_at_AOL.COM Received on Tue Jun 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message