Re: RFD: comp.databases.oracle reorganization

From: Stevec5088 <stevec5088_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/06/04

> By the by, what happened to having one central group which was
> automatically crossposted?
> That was how they convinced me to vote yes in the original straw
> poll, as I only want to look in one place.

The group-mentors people rejected the idea of a cdo.everything group. The problem is that many people would not cross-post to it, so you would only have a fraction of all the articles. Some newsreaders (AOL included) do not have crossposting capabilities. It would require some type of special software and maybe a moderated group to get to full cross-posting group to work.

I could have gone ahead and tried to submit the .everything group in the RFD, but I am afraid the people over in news.groups would send in lots of "no" votes and kill our whole process.

Steve Cosner

in the straw poll, .dba is ahead of .admin by about 2:1 Received on Tue Jun 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message