Re: RFD to split comp.databases.oracle <----------------------

From: Tony Jambu 041 985 2628 <tjambu_at_falcon.telecom.com.au>
Date: 1996/05/22

In article <4njjmc$ds8_at_tracy.protocom.com>, nwa_at_protocom.com (Mark) writes: stuff deleted
> I have to say, I am in disagreement with splitting the newsgroup. In
> my experience I have learned many things from dba's and they have
> learned a few things from myself. Looking at the newgroup daily is
> one of way of keeping up with what is going on in other areas of
> Oracle.

Well Mark, you may have the time to scan thru all the postings and read them. I don't even want to read the subject headings of the topics that I am not interested in.

Good on you if you have found topics that were not of interest to you and you learnt something. Maybe you should think about reading ALL the subgroups should this split go ahead.

I am not picking on you but I am amazed with the number of people that have the time to read thru all the daily postings to C.D.O.

If I had it my way, I would prefer to have 5-7 sub groups.

Thanks SV Singam & Steve for taking the initiative.

ta
tony

--
 _____       ________ / ___|Tony Jambu, Database and Oracle WebSys Consultant
  /_  _        /_ __ /     |Wizard Consulting,Aust (ACN 065934778)