Re: RFD to split comp.databases.oracle <----------------------

From: John Blackburn <jb2_at_qdot.qld.gov.au>
Date: 1996/05/22

Carlos Augusto Leite Netto (cnetto_at_softdes.com.br) wrote:
: Babette Dale Underwood wrote:
: >
: > In article <4nea7h$7fk_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com>, stevec5088@aol.com
: > says...
: > >
: > >Hello, all,
: > >
: > >I have put together, with the help of SV Singam, an RFD (Request for
: > >Discussion) to rename comp.databases.oracle to
: > >comp.databases.oracle.misc, and to create three new groups:
: > >comp.databases.oracle.admin, comp.databases.oracle.tools, and
: > >comp.databases.oracle.marketplace.
: > >

: What about:

: comp.databases.oracle.rdbms -> for dbas, sql language, etc.
: comp.databases.oracle.dev2000
: .des2000 -> Designer/2000
: .web -> web server, power browser
: .po -> Power Objects
: .dis2000 -> Discovery 2000
: .newmedia -> Media objects, ..
: .jobs -> For jobs...
: .announce -> For new products.

: Well... the idea is to create areas for specific products of Oracle.
: People now are talking about names above. It's good to use the same
: names for groups.

Why not start with the smaller number of news groups and then if comp.databases.oracle.tools still has too much traffic, consider a further split based on what is discussed most.

I think that we need to just start off with a small number of groups as stated in the draft RFD, and make sure that people post within the charter for each group.

I suggest that comp.databases.oracle.marketplace be split into: comp.databases.oracle.jobs - unmoderated comp.databases.oracle.announce - moderated

Thanks, Steve for putting in the effort to draft an RFD. You have my continued support.

--
John Blackburn                        jb2_at_qdot.qld.gov.au
Queensland Transport                  +61 7 32534634

#include <std_disclamers.h>
#include <nonstd_disclamers.h>