Re: RFD to split comp.databases.oracle <----------------------

From: George Dau <gedau_at_mim.com.au>
Date: 1996/05/23

tjambu_at_falcon.telecom.com.au (Tony Jambu 041 985 2628) wrote:

]
]Well Mark, you may have the time to scan thru all the postings
]and read them. I don't even want to read the subject headings
]of the topics that I am not interested in.

That's why I got a newsreader with a kill file.
]
]Good on you if you have found topics that were not of interest to
]you and you learnt something. Maybe you should think about reading
]ALL the subgroups should this split go ahead.

I only want to read them once, though. Not once in every subgroup. That IS what happens when you split a group, as you can see elsewhere. (My newsreader does not have cross post management).
]
]I am not picking on you but I am amazed with the number of people
]that have the time to read thru all the daily postings to C.D.O.

Me neither, but if you ignore all followups to threads you are not interested in, there are only 50 new posts a day. Doesn't take long to scan the subjects and check the interesting ones.
]
]If I had it my way, I would prefer to have 5-7 sub groups.

If I had it my way, we would keep c.d.o together.
]
]Thanks SV Singam & Steve for taking the initiative.

Regards, George Dau
gedau_at_mim.com.au Received on Thu May 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message