Re: Why did Oracle installation hang?

From: Mirwais Qader <mqader_at_facstaff.wisc.edu>
Date: 1996/05/04

In article <4m747e$d0p_at_pinta.kolumbus.fi>, petrijr_at_sik.ppoy.fi says...

>Hi there.
>
>The installation just hang. I couldn't stop it
>or even kill the installation program... So I ended
>up downing the whole server.
>
>Any ideas would be helpful.

I came across this 'type' of problem as well. In the installation book it mentioned that I could use as my terminal ORACLE_TERM setting as hpterm, but when I ran the installer - bad news!

So I called Oracle Support and no help, but by experimenting, I reset the ORACLE_TERM to hp and everything went OK.

Maybe your problem is this simple! Hope it helps. Received on Sat May 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message