Re: P7 for 95 and VB, Delphi etc

From: Keith Majkut <kmajkut_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1996/04/08

In article <4k6rhb$md3_at_duey.gte.net>, Joe Wagner <jwagner_at_gte.net> wrote:
>I just loaded the 90 day PO7 for Win 95 and it works fine as a stand alone
>application. I now want to access it from both VB 4,0 (32 bit) and Delphi
>2.0 (not at the same time of course)... I was able to do this with PO7 for
>Win 3.1 and VB 4,0 (16 bit) and Delphi (1.0) using ODBC. What's the
>secret? I can't seem to find any info in the Oracle online docs for ODBC
>with the Win 95 version. Isn't it supported? If it is how do I get the
>correct ODBC driver loaded? Any help is appreciated. My company is
>planning a switch to this comfiguration in the near future, but if it
>doesn't work we may have to rethink it. Thanks.
Oracle doesn't yet have a 32bit ODBC driver so you'll have to go 3rd party. Other than that, make sure whatever driver you gert has been updated to use the Oracle 7.2 32bit Windows client libs(the ones that ship with PO7Win95). 7.2 client libs were the first released for 95(and are common to NT). Biggest problem is that most drivers are linked to older NT only libs.