Re: Personal Oracle for Wndows95 and Visual Basic 4.0

From: Sylvain Faust <sfaust_at_sfi-software.com>
Date: 1996/04/08

Joe Wagner wrote:

> Sylvain Faust <sfaust_at_sfi-software.com> wrote:
> >Hieu Le wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Does anyone know how to connect Visual Basic 4.0 with Personal Oracle

> >Check http://www.sfi-software.com for SQL-Sombrero/OCX for
> >Oracle Call Interface (OCI). Comes with VB4 samples. Direct
> >access to Oracle API.
>
> Yes, but according to your Web page the cost for the OCX is $449!!!. That
> is more than I paid for VB 4.0 and Oracle PO7 together. There has to be a
> cheaper way to do this for us independent developers.

SQL-Sombrero/OCX for OCI (Oracle Call Interface) controls can be distributed royalty free with your applications. Simply need a copy per developper... Quite cheap and simply requires SQL*NET to make your life easyer!

Sylvain
SFI, Creator of SQL-Programmer for Windows (Sybase, MS SQL Server and Oracle support!)
http://www.sfi-software.com
Tel: 819 778-5045
Fax: 819 778-7943
Ordering Info: 800 567-9127 Received on Mon Apr 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message