Re: P7 for 95 and VB, Delphi etc

From: Valery Zhuravlev <xxx_at_relay.cinvest.chel.su>
Date: 1996/04/09

In article <4k6rhb$md3_at_duey.gte.net>, jwagner_at_gte.net says...

>I just loaded the 90 day PO7 for Win 95 and it works fine as a stand alone
>application. I now want to access it from both VB 4,0 (32 bit) and Delphi
>2.0 (not at the same time of course)... I was able to do this with PO7 for
>Win 3.1 and VB 4,0 (16 bit) and Delphi (1.0) using ODBC.

To have connection with Delphi 2.0 you must do one of the following:

  1. Use SQL*Net client part for Windows NT. (Delphi 2.0 is built to use the NT connection software). You can find it in Oracle Work Group Server for NT. The only problem is that Oracle Installer for NT does not work properly under Win95. To walk around this problem you must run it under NT and then copy all the installed files and registry settings to yout Win95 workstation.
  2. Use SQL*Net client part from PO7 for Win95. In this case you must manually change string ORANT71.dll in the Borland's SQLORA32.dll (it is located in BDE directory) to ORA72.dll - this name is used by PO7 for Win95.

I have tried both ways. Of course the latter is simpler but you need a binary file editor to patch dll name.

As for me I really enjoyed using Delphi 2.0 tools (such as Database Explorer, and Database Desktop) with Oracle.

regards

Valery Received on Tue Apr 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message