Re: Porting C/Sybase to Oracle

From: Terri Tillmann <tillmann_at_lanl.gov>
Date: 1996/03/22

Stan Sulsky <sjs_at_curtech.com> wrote:
>mjr_at_netcom.com (Mark Rosenbaum) wrote:
>>Does anyone have any suggestions on porting dblib? calls from
>>C/Sybase to Oracle? I think dblib is an Oracle Call-level Interface
>>(OCI) type interface.

We created a C++ class and set of C function calls for sybase's dblib, and the same thing for oracle's oci lib. All of our applications now interact with these databases through these class and function calls without concern over what database is at the backend. This was painful but worth it for us.

T. Tillmann
Los Alamos National Lab. Received on Fri Mar 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message