Re: Porting C/Sybase to Oracle

From: Stan Sulsky <sjs_at_curtech.com>
Date: 1996/03/21

mjr_at_netcom.com (Mark Rosenbaum) wrote:
>Does anyone have any suggestions on porting dblib? calls from
>C/Sybase to Oracle? I think dblib is an Oracle Call-level Interface
>(OCI) type interface.

Don't even think about it. :))

Seriously, since you're considering doing this, you ought to consider that you may want to do it again someday. So, instead, go out and buy the middleware product of your choice and port to that instead. That way you'll only have to endure the pain once.

--
Stan Sulsky
          Current Technology, Inc.  |   -- sjs_at_curtech.com --