Re: HELP! CREATING DATABASE

From: Dave Mausner <d-mausner_at_nwu.edu>
Date: 1996/02/12

In article <4fnkk3$bsm_at_usafa2.usafa.af.mil>,

   Jeffrey \"Bob\" Meyers <meyersj> wrote:
>I was able to install Oracle properly on our SunOs 4.1.3 system,
 up to and
>including running the root.sh. I later ran into some problems
 and had to
>de-install it. Now when I go to perform a new installation with
 a database
>creation using the same name I did before, the CREATE DATABASE
operation fails [...]

a re-create will fail if the database files have NOT been deleted and the dbfile sizes in the re-creation are different from the first run. whenever a creation fails, delete all the database files, including logs, control files, and data files.

--
Dave Mausner, Consulting Manager, Braun Technology Group, Chicago.