HELP! CREATING DATABASE

From: Jeffrey \ <meyersj>
Date: 1996/02/12

I was able to install Oracle properly on our SunOs 4.1.3 system, up to and including running the root.sh. I later ran into some problems and had to de-install it. Now when I go to perform a new installation with a database creation using the same name I did before, the CREATE DATABASE operation fails about an hour and a half into the installation. It would seem that something out in our system is still remembering the old name of the database and won't let me create a new one by that name. If you know what is causing this failure on database creation, please let me know.

--
Lt Jeff Meyers, DFCS                           meyersj_at_cs.usafa.af.mil

"This content in no way reflects the opinions, standards, or policy of the United States Air Force Academy or the United States government."