Re: ANNOUNCE: Vacant Job Positions

From: MPower 'your future today' -- Mark Otero <mpower_at_ee.net>
Date: 1996/02/09

Brian Stoler <brian_at_feith.com> wrote:

>Bill Wendling wrote:
>>
>> Alberto Maurizio Chavan inexplicably wrote:
>>
>> } Education:
>> } University degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent.
>>
>> I always love it when people ask for such and such degree in CS. Didn't
>> one of the people who started up Apple not have a degree in CS until
>> long after the company get started? :) And look at The Gates!

>Agreed. I'm a 16-year old junior in high school (employed by an ISV for
>2.5 years) and it bugs me that people assume that one must have a
>college degree to be a good job candidate. I'd hope that if I were
>looking for a job this would not hinder me. Let the prospective
>employee's ability speak for itself.

>- Brian Stoler
>- brian_at_feith.com

Hi Bill and Brian,

I could not agree more.
When you see such an ad they are looking for a drone - 1.as a male honeybee, which serves only in a reproductive capacity, has no sting, and does no work 2. an idle person who lives by the work

of others;
They need a body to fill a slot.
There are few true positions for those who thrive on creativity and true accomplishments. Every company has them but they are hidden away to do the real work, they disturb the drones and cause chaos. Look at it like this you are part of the commando squad, you seek out and conquer, once the battle is over you must seek another beachhead to overtake, but before you leave, the army (ants) come in setup shop and maintain, while the erosion begins.

And no I do not have a collage degree :^)

Mark

                       !!!!!
                      /'_at_ @'\

|   BigDaddy's Internet USENET FaxBack Service    |
|         'never leave home without it'           |
| Mark Otero                        mpower_at_ee.net |
| MPower                        Your Future Today |
| 178 Beechbank Road               (614) 338-1550 |
| Columbus, Ohio 43213-1261    Fax (614) 338-1553 |
                     | |  | |