Re: ORA-01000 - maximum open cursors exceeded

From: Jukka Manner <jukka.manner_at_comptel.fi>
Date: 1996/02/08

In article <4f7s2t$1v8_at_cloner2.ix.netcom.com>, chuckh_at_ix.netcom.come says...

>I receive this error from time to time and am not sure what's causing
>it. I tried increasing the default setting from 50 to 100 for the open
>cursors parameter but it still happens, though less frequently.
>
>ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
>ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded

I'm currently investigating this too! I have a form that calls another form where certain database actions are done. This works fine, but if I delete a row in my calling application before go to the other form I will certainly run in to this.

The hunt has just began, but I believe that increasing the default setting won't be my answer. I'd rather think that the reason lies in my DML-statements. I'm using cursors and exceptions, but I'll search for bad update statements and stuff.

Best of luck to you too. Received on Thu Feb 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message