Re: ORA-01000 - maximum open cursors exceeded

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/02/09

jukka.manner_at_comptel.fi (Jukka Manner) wrote:

>In article <4f7s2t$1v8_at_cloner2.ix.netcom.com>, chuckh_at_ix.netcom.come says...
>>
>>I receive this error from time to time and am not sure what's causing
>>it. I tried increasing the default setting from 50 to 100 for the open
>>cursors parameter but it still happens, though less frequently.
>>
>>ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
>>ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded
>>

>I'm currently investigating this too! I have a form that calls another
>form where certain database actions are done. This works fine, but if
>I delete a row in my calling application before go to the other form
>I will certainly run in to this.

All I'm trying to do is create a lousy index! How many cursors can that possibly require? I've set the OPEN_CURSORS parameter 100 and that still doesn't always work. What works is bouncing the database.

Something somewhere (in the RDBMS itself) is not closing cursors that are done with. But we don't use them in our applications at all! It's a data warehouse that's only accessed with a GUI query tool.

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com

Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself!