Re: Multiple Instance on Netware 3.12

From: <cjg2_at_student.open.ac.uk_at_open.ac.uk>
Date: 1996/01/09

In <4c99m5$7pi$1_at_mhafn.production.compuserve.com>, Reinhard Bergander <100330.2165_at_CompuServe.COM> writes:
>I'm running Oracle V7.1.3 on Netware 3.12. We are using SQL*NET
>V1, but I will install SQL*NET V2 (SPX Adapter).
>How can I run multiple databases with multiple instances ?
>I've tried to use the SET INSTANCE command, but it doesn't work.
>Thanx in advance...
>reinhard
>
>--
>Reinhard Bergander 100330.2165_at_compuserve.com
>KLINIK-OP DATA Software GmbH - Regensburg Germany
You need to specify your SID id in the form SET INSTANCE S:DEMO rahter than SET INSTANCE DEMO assuming you are running sqldba on the server to do this.

I've got this to work but can't get sqlnet v2 running. Whatever I have set in the

listerner.ora and tnsnames.ora I always get a cannot resolve TNS name errorwhen I try and connect.

Crack this and I should be in business!

Hope this helps
Chris Gadsby
cjg2_at_student.open.ac.uk Received on Tue Jan 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message