Re: Correlated subqueries slow as hell?

From: FC Tullis <ctullis_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: 1996/01/09

On 2 Jan 1996 deangup_at_admin.ci.seattle.wa.us wrote:

>> jpanico_at_netcom.com (Joe Panico) writes:
>>
>> My question has two parts:
>>
>> 1) MYTABLE has an SSN and an ID column, among others. ID is unique,
>> SSN is not. If I want to see all the attributes for each row that
>> contains a *unique* SSN, and for those SSNs which have multiple rows
>> I don't care which row I see, how should I form the query?

Might you also try simply indexing the SSN column? If every value in the SSN column was unique, this may not make sense to do, but where you've got multiple columns with the same value it would probably improve things a little.

Just a thought... Received on Tue Jan 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message