Re: Sql*Net V2 - client configuration question.

From: Chris Hamilton <chamilto_at_sratech.com>
Date: 1995/12/14

>The tnsnames.ora file is searched for in <ORACLE_HOME>\network\admin.
>
>On the surface of it I don't see a way to have a local sql*net >installation with a non-local tnsnames.ora as the installation >nec=
 cesarily decides where the file will be
>looked for.
>
>There does not seem to be an entry in oracle.ini that points to where
>this file resides i.e: there is no reference (on my system) to
>C:\ORAWIN\network\admin.

In my ORACLE.INI file, I put the following entries...

network21=k:\orawin\network
tns_admin=k:\orawin\network\admin

I got those parameter names from the SQL*Net documentation, I think. I haven't actually tried moving tnsnames.ora somewhere else, but at least the parameters do exist, but you have to put them in manually.

Chris

| Chris Hamilton -- chamilton_at_sratech.com         |
| http://www.sratech.com/cowpb/chamilton.html     |
| SRA Technologies, Inc. -- City of Washington PB |