Re: oracle 7.1 installation problem

From: Nithya Vaidyanathan <nivst+_at_pitt.edu>
Date: 1995/12/14

warren_at_admin.flarc.edu.on.ca wrote:
: I could really use some help...I have just done an upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1
: for open vms 6.1 on the alpha machine..When i try to run my applications
: I get the error ERROR ACTIVATING IMAGE ORA_RDBMSVER7
: [FLDB.ORACLE7.RDBMS]ORACLEVER7.EXE IDENT MISMATCH WITH SHAREABLE IMAGE

: <i tried relinking the rdbms within oracleins..i am missing OCI.OLB,LLIB.OLB
: files as well .....any suggestions??
: thanks Karen

Hi Karen,

Make sure that you run the following command files.

ORA_RDBMS:INSORACLE.COM This file will install the shared global sections.make sure that you have CMKRNL privilege.

Then run ORA_UTIL:INSUTILITY.COM, this will install all the shared images. If this file does not exist then please run ORA_INSTALL:ORA_INSUTL.COM which will create the INSUTILITY.COM file for you.

This should fix the problem that you are facing.

All the best,

**   Prashanth The Peasant            **
** Life's complex, It has real and    **
** imaginary parts.                   **