Re: Sql*Net V2 - client configuration question.

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/12/13

Mark Haley <sessec01.mhaley_at_eds.com> wrote:

>I am trying to centralize the client tnsnames.ora file on a
>accessible network drive using sql*net V2 for 100 windows client
>machines. I have installed sql*net v2 locally on each workstation
>but I would like to have one version of the tnsnames.ora file
>located on the networked drive. All the sql*net client
>installationsapplications would access this one file to
>equate the service names to a server and an instance.

>I understand that this is possible if I have installed sql*net
>onto a Networked Drive. Does anyone out there know if this
>is possible without installed sql*net onto a networked drive?

>Thanks to all who respond.

>Mark Haley

I'd like to find out how to do this too. The only thing I can think of is to stick a COPY command in each user's autoexec.bat file to update it when they boot up. I'd rather have an .ini file entry or environment variable to point it to the right place though.

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com

Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself!