Forms 3.0 and packaged procedures

From: David Broomfield <dave_at_pdinsure.co.uk>
Date: 1995/11/17

We are currently running Oracle 7.1.6.2.0 and Forms 3.0.16 on a Sequent.

We have developed a number of database packages that are called from various forms, and we have an intermittent problem where forms fail to find the packages when they are being generated. The packages can be both seen and executed from SQL*Plus, and executed (but not compiled) from SQL*Forms.

The problem seems to sort itself out after a few minutes and all is well again. Occasionally, an "ALTER SYSTEM FLUSH SHARED_POOL" command seems to get things moving.

We suspect that this is a problem in the version of PL/SQL that is bundled into Forms, but Oracle support don't seem to have many ideas on what's going on.

Has anyone else come across this one?

Dave Broomfield.

Preferred Direct Insurance. Received on Fri Nov 17 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message