Re: Forms 3.0 and packaged procedures

From: Chris Kasten <kasten_at_brookings.net>
Date: 1995/11/20

dave_at_pdinsure.co.uk (David Broomfield) wrote:

> We are currently running Oracle 7.1.6.2.0 and Forms 3.0.16 on a Sequent.

> We have developed a number of database packages that are called from
> various forms, and we have an intermittent problem where forms fail
> to find the packages when they are being generated. The packages can
> be both seen and executed from SQL*Plus, and executed (but not compiled)
> from SQL*Forms.

> The problem seems to sort itself out after a few minutes and all is well
> again. Occasionally, an "ALTER SYSTEM FLUSH SHARED_POOL" command seems

> to get things moving.

> We suspect that this is a problem in the version of PL/SQL that is
> bundled into Forms, but Oracle support don't seem to have many ideas on
> what's going on.

> Has anyone else come across this one?

Sorry, this isn't an answer. I do have a question tho. Are you really able to (when all things work) call stored procedures from forms 3.0? I was under the impression that was just not possible. If indeed you are would you be willing to enlighten me as to how you accomplish this?

Thanks, Received on Mon Nov 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message