Re: SQL*NET2 over SLIP Problem

From: George Sheppard <gksits_at_anadarko.com>
Date: 1995/10/16

Most of the time if you get a message which states it cannot find a message it is because the Oracle Home is not pointing to the right place. Look in your Oracle.inile to ensure that the ORACLE_HOME is pointed to the correct place. Also I have had good luck using SQL*NET via SLIP whil using the 'shareware' product TRUMPET. It is at mirrors.aol.com under /pub/cica/pc/win2/winsock it is called twsk20b.zip.

Rick Barber (RBarber_at_tor.lgs.ca) wrote:
: We have a problem which is driving us around the bend, I hope someone
: can give some advice or help.

: We have a client/server application written for Windows 3.1 connecting
: to an Oracle V7 database. This application works well on a LAN with no
: problems. We have tried it with a variety of different TCP/IP stacks
: and everything works like a charm.

: We have loaded up the application on an IBM Thinkpad with the FTP On
: Net TCP/IP protocol stack and SQL*NET2 and have dialed into the IBM
: Advantis network and have accessed the application without any
: problems. (SLIP was running between the Thinkpad and the Advantis
: port). We have setup the excact same configuration on a Compaq laptop
: and the application does not work. We can ping the Unix server and can
: get through, however, when we execute an Oracle Ping we get a message
: back saying that it cant find a message and that it can't reach the
: Oracle host.

: Any help would be appreciated.

: Thanks in advance.....