SQL*NET2 over SLIP Problem

From: Rick Barber <RBarber_at_tor.lgs.ca>
Date: 1995/10/05

We have a problem which is driving us around the bend, I hope someone can give some advice or help.

We have a client/server application written for Windows 3.1 connecting to an Oracle V7 database. This application works well on a LAN with no problems. We have tried it with a variety of different TCP/IP stacks and everything works like a charm.

We have loaded up the application on an IBM Thinkpad with the FTP On Net TCP/IP protocol stack and SQL*NET2 and have dialed into the IBM Advantis network and have accessed the application without any problems. (SLIP was running between the Thinkpad and the Advantis port). We have setup the excact same configuration on a Compaq laptop and the application does not work. We can ping the Unix server and can get through, however, when we execute an Oracle Ping we get a message back saying that it cant find a message and that it can't reach the Oracle host.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance..... Received on Thu Oct 05 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message