Re: Oracle in-class training vs. CBT

From: Doug Surplus <dblack_at_sedona.net>
Date: 1995/10/16

"Paul A. Hanke" <hankepa_at_f3groups3.fsd.jhuapl.edu> wrote:

>I was wondering if anyone out there has had the opportunity to
>experience both Oracle's in-class training and Computer-Based Training
>(CBT) courses enough to give me a comparison between the two based upon
>course content breadth, depth, and quality ...

> ... I'm looking at taking either the in-class courses

> Administer the Oracle7 Database I and II
> Tune and Troubleshoot the Oracle7 Database

> or the CBT courses

> Oracle7 Architecture
> Administer the Oracle7 Database I and II
> Configure the Multithreaded Server
> Tune the Oracle7 Database

>Tks

My experience is that the in class training is well worth the expense. I have taken both Administration I and II classes. The CBT is not as in-depth, plus there is no instructer to answer questions - no feedback and no hands-on experience. Go to class, you will not be sorry. Received on Mon Oct 16 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message