Re: Newbie Power Objects Problem

From: Peter Mann <man163_at_its.csiro.au>
Date: 1995/10/16

TIA,
To define a master/detail relationship with multiple link fields you just enter the link fields, separated by semicolons, in the LinkDetailColumn & LinkMasterColumn properties of the repeater. Now for the tricky bit - you need to repeat the form name in the LinkMasterForm repeater property (again separated by ";") as many times as you have link fields (in your case, the form name should appear twice).

Cheers,
Peter.

In article <1995Oct6.114915.1_at_crs>, ksilverstein_at_crs.stjude.org wrote:
>I want to create a master-detail form with person-event the master
> and person-test the detail showing all the test results
> of a particular test for the person shown in the master that were done
> after the event_date displayed in the master.
>
>I created a form and bound the fields in person-event to it
> defined the DefaultCondition property to select the persons of interest
> create a repeater and bound the person-test table field to it.
>
>Am I correct that I can only designate one field each in the LinkMasterColumn
>property and the LinkDetailColumn and must capture the constraints defined by
>the other field in the foreign key some other way.

Peter Mann
IT Services, CSIRO
Canberra, Australia.
Email: P.Mann_at_its.csiro.au