Trouble with triggers - CATPROC.SQL errors

From: Doug Ostgard <dostgard_at_news.enet.net>
Date: 1995/10/11

We are evaluating Oracle on an NT server, but as I am looking at how to implement triggers and procedures, I find that CATPROC.SQL won't run. The Oracle online help says it is necessary to run this SQL script as SYS before triggers will work.

I am running this SQL script from SQL*Plus under Windows for Workgroups. Errors include:

Here's the output from one. I get this endlessly, especially for DROP statements. (It seems that a semicolon should be accepted.  It is on other lines in the script. I have set COMSEP. ):

---

   2 DROP VIEW deferrcount;
DROP VIEW deferrcount
*
ERROR at line 2:
ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended
---

 Most dramatically, I get a GPF while the DIUTIL package body is being loaded. Very large chunk of code - the largest so far as CATPROC.SQL is running. Could it be too large for SQL*Plus?

Any help would be appreciated!

Doug (doug_at_jazzer.enet.net OR dostgard_at_enet.net) Received on Wed Oct 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message