Re: DEBUGGING TOOL

From: Russ Seligman <rseligma_at_oracle.com>
Date: 1995/10/01

In article <44l231$e8e_at_access2.digex.net> cobrien_at_access2.digex.net (Cary B. O'Brien) writes:
>>Procedure Builder provides a GUI, interactive environment for creating and
>>debugging both client-side and server-side program units (including database
>>triggers). Develop and debug your code in the Procedure Builder client, then
>>deposit it in the server with a simple drag and drop action.
>>
>>Among its features:
>> - set breakpoints
>> - step through code one line at a time
>> - view (and change) local variables during program unit execution
>>

>How does this work? Does it have a local PL/SQL interpreter with
>debug hooks, or can it work across SQL/NET and set breakpoints in
>the PL/SQL engine on the server.

Client-side debugging is available now, with server-side debugging scheduled for the end of the year.

>If the latter, there must be some undocumented features that we don't know
>about.

Not at all. Just one more example of an Oracle product that gives you tighter integration with the Oracle database than any other company can deliver.

--Russ

Russ Seligman                 "If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe
Oracle Corporation             there's something wrong with the universe."
rseligma_at_us.oracle.com           --Beverly Crusher, ST:TNG