Re: DEBUGGING TOOL

From: Cary B. O'Brien <cobrien_at_access2.digex.net>
Date: 1995/10/02

In article <RSELIGMA.95Oct1144207_at_seinfeld.oracle.com>, Russ Seligman <rseligma_at_oracle.com> wrote:
>In article <44l231$e8e_at_access2.digex.net> cobrien_at_access2.digex.net (Cary B. O'Brien) writes:
>>>Procedure Builder provides a GUI, interactive environment for creating and
>>>debugging both client-side and server-side program units (including database
>>>triggers). Develop and debug your code in the Procedure Builder client, then
>>>deposit it in the server with a simple drag and drop action.
>>>
>>>Among its features:
>>> - set breakpoints
>>> - step through code one line at a time
>>> - view (and change) local variables during program unit execution
>>>

>>How does this work? Does it have a local PL/SQL interpreter with
>>debug hooks, or can it work across SQL/NET and set breakpoints in
>>the PL/SQL engine on the server.
>
>Client-side debugging is available now, with server-side debugging scheduled
>for the end of the year.
>
>>If the latter, there must be some undocumented features that we don't know
>>about.
>
>Not at all. Just one more example of an Oracle product that gives you tighter
>integration with the Oracle database than any other company can deliver.

Hmm. The latter is not the case. It does NOT work with the PL/SQL engine in the server (at the moment). Hence the undocumented features of the core RDBMS/Procedural engine I was searching for may or may not yet exist. Cross-development is fraught with hazards.

I do not understand your last paragraph.

Cary O'Brien
cobrien_at_access.digex.net