Re: Designer/2000 ver. 1.0 (AKA 6.0.6) Bug list

From: Jeff Jacobs <jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/08/13

In <40bm1p$8p_at_empire.texas.net> kramm_at_pcnet.com (Mark A. Kramm) writes:

>These are a few bugs and design problems that I have documented. I
 will give an update to
>this list next week.

>But it also generates modules (of type manual) for functions that are
>elementary and atomic that have no data associated with them. Why
>would you want a module of type manual? It also generates modules for

>functions that have been designated as common. These modules should
 be
>deleted.

This isn't a bug, its documented that way, and has worked that way in every version I've worked with (going back to 4.0). If nothing else, it lets you know that you have a function that doesn't have any CRUD, or that you may not have completely translated the ER Model to Design.

You'll also find that if the same function is used by two different business units, it creates two different modules.

Common functions create multiple modules because they have different labels and are considered different functions.

If you don't want these, then simply reject them during the acceptance/rejection process. That's what its there for <grin>.

-JJ

 Jeffrey Jacobs & Associates
 Oracle CASE Consulting and Training
 951-2 Old Country Road, Suite 119
 Belmont, CA 94002
 Voice: 415-571-7092
 FAX: 800-665-1379
 CompuServe: 76702,456
 Internet: jjacobs_at_well.com
 Internet: jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com   Received on Sun Aug 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message