Re: Tablespace is full ... now what??

From: Parris Geiser <parris_at_walleye.esp.bellcore.com>
Date: 1995/06/13

Gayle Masters (glmaster_at_jol.mobil.com) wrote:
> If the tables are created and dropped, leaving the space available to be used, you could create
> a table that would use all of the space in the tablespace. This would defrag the tablespace.
> If all the tables have not been dropped, you could create tables that would use contiguous
> blocks. This can be identified by looking in dba_free_space.

> --
> * Gayle Masters glmaster_at_jol.mobil.com *
> * Mobil Oil Corporation *
> * P.O. Box 874 Phone: +1.815.423.7780 *
> * Joliet, Illinois 60434 Fax: +1.815.423.7726 *

Galye (and others)

	Thanks for your replies but me thinks that you have missed the point.
	As to the suggestion from Galye: The point that you have missed is that
	I have users creating and dropping tables. I don't monitor this activity
	and surely this is possible without said monitoring.

	As to the other reply, huh? Of course I checked to make sure that
	the space was really not free'd. The way that I came across the problem
	in the first place was that the tablespace ran out of space. Yes,
	I did do the cascade.

	By the way, this is 7.0.16 on HP.

		parris