Conversion from Pick?

From: Darren L Davis <darren_at_bert.cs.byu.edu>
Date: 1995/06/06

I am looking for information from anyone who has experienced converting a large legacy system from a Pick operating system to Oracle. I am looking for good or bad experiences, as well as problems encountered in converting multi-valued and sub-valued records to parent-child tables.

I have heard of a few cases where a company has started to make the conversion, but it became too cost prohibitive, and they have had to abandon the project.

Any comments or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Darren Davis
darren_at_bert.cs.byu.edu Received on Tue Jun 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message