Problems installing Oracle v7.1.4..

From: PRAVEEN <pdhandap_at_nyx10.cs.du.edu>
Date: 1995/06/06

Hi,

 We are currently trying to install Oracle v7.1.4 on SunOS v5.3, but have  run into a lot of problems.

 First, we would like to know if users already existing on the system  could start using oracle without havoing to create a new oracle account  for each of the users. We read about the OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX but did not  what files to update to allow this feature.

 There are a lot of problems we have now, but if somebody could help us  with this problem, it would be of a great help.

 Thanx in advance.

 Manoj.
 cs_mks_at_cs4.lamar.edu Received on Tue Jun 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message