V2 listener hangs on NCR System 3000

From: Vadim Geshel <vgeshel_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/06/06

I'm running Oracle 7.1.3.2.1 on a NCR System 3000 (a 4-Pentium SMP system) under NCR UNIX 4.0MP (SVR4.2). The V2 listener is set up to serve 2 instances and supports 1 protocol - TCP. The problem is that the listener hangs approximately every day - it eventually just stops accepting connections, including a control connection from LSNRCTL, and I have to kill it and restart it.

Has anybody else seen this? And if so, is there a fix/workaround? (Stopping and starting the listener every once in a while reduces the frequency of hangs, but they still happen occassionaly. Besides, I don't like this kind of a solution...) Also, if this is a known problem, does it happen on other Unix flavors, especially SVR4.2 derivatives, and with other versions of Oracle (the one I'm specifically interested in is the WG2000 server for UnixWare - 7.1.5.2.0)? Received on Tue Jun 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message