Re: Still need help

From: Richard Hammel <r_hammel_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1995/04/29

In article <3ns2rr$n6t_at_dingo.cc.uq.oz.au>, gordonh_at_acslink.net.au says...

>I asked for some help a couple of days ago, regarding calling a form
>from a form to insert new data into a database, return to the colling
>form and continue the transaction.
>
>Someone was good enough to tell me about a packaged procedure call
>post; I'm sorry I don't remember your name.
>
>Anyway I created a key-nxtfld trigger that does the following:

I would offer some suggestions but I have no idea what version of Forms you are using. But you can find your answer for Forms 4.5 in Chapter 5 of the Forms Advanced Techniques Manual which discusses Multiple Form applications. Forms 3 had a book called Advanced Techniques' which also discussed a similar topic.

Forms 4.5 allows multiple db sessions in multiple form applications. This would allow make it so that you would not even have to post from the first form, and when you committed the second form, it would not commit any changes in the first form. With 3, this was not a possiblity because the entire application ran under the same session.

  • Rick