Re: Any experience of SLIP/PPP SQL*NET connections ?

From: Guy Cox <cox2_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/04/29

In <3nr89r$61d_at_mn5.swip.net> "Michael Åström" <michael.astrom_at_mailbox.swipnet.se> writes:

>Has anybody any experience of connecting Client's with SQL*NET TCP/IP
>through SLIP/PPP(modem) connections, I've heard that it should be a
>bulletin on this around (Hard to find).
>
>Thanks!
>
>/Michael =C5str=F6m - RKS Data AB

I've gotten it to work with named Pipes. Super reliable, fairly fast. Used the RAS client that comes with WFWG and the client build into NT 3.5......

I'll toggle it over to TCP/IP and Monday and let you know. Setting it up under RAS was a NO BRAINER. Received on Sat Apr 29 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message