Still need help

From: Gordon Hooker <gordonh_at_acslink.net.au>
Date: 1995/04/28

I asked for some help a couple of days ago, regarding calling a form from a form to insert new data into a database, return to the colling form and continue the transaction.

Someone was good enough to tell me about a packaged procedure call post; I'm sorry I don't remember your name.

Anyway I created a key-nxtfld trigger that does the following:

call('formname', no_hide);

in the form formname I do the following:

enter the data and hit the commit key.

I wrote a trigger key-commit that does the following;

post;
exit_form(no_rollback)

The problem; I return to the calling form ok, but somewhere along the line the posted changes for the called form are lost.

I thought using exit_form(no_rollback) would keep the changes and allow me to commit both set of data. At present the calling form data is commited, but the called form data is lost.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please.

gordonh_at_acslink.net.au
RIPLEY, Queensland, Australia Received on Fri Apr 28 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message