Re: Problems with SQL*Forms 3.0 for Unix

From: DAGMARA_at_DELPHI.COM <(DAGMARA_at_DELPHI.COM)>
Date: 1995/04/09

That error is relatively straight forward: the form cannot find a table. My suggestions are:

  1. View the .inp file, extract the table names used by the form, logon onto the database, and verify
  2. the tables exist
  3. the grants and permissions are properly set
  4. Logon onto the user account, and verify the tables and permissions are set properly for using any system and data dictionary tables. Maybe a table that should have a PUBLIC synonym doesnt.
  5. Look at your .cshrc file to see what instance you are pointing you, and what the form variables are; perhaps you are looking in the wrong place.

It's been a few years since I played with forms 3.0 on a 7. RDBMS, but I seem to vaguely remember special DBA scripts that had to be ran specifically for V3; I believe it was true for the key map and the resource files.

Dagmar Anne Bogan

Kopania & Komerovsky          Specializing in Data Architecture
Richardson, TX  75081         and Performance Engineering

dagmara_at_delphi.com Received on Sun Apr 09 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message