Re: How do I start PL/SQL?

From: Dave Boswell <bd860_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: 1995/04/09

In a previous posting, Robert DuMoulin (rdumouli_at_lanier.com) writes:
> 5603liul_at_vms.csd.mu.edu wrote:
> : Dear netters:

> : Our system has oracle on it and I can use sqlplus.
> : I can also use the C precompiler on it. I wonder how
> : I can invoke PL/SQL?

> : Thanks

> : David
>
> PL/SQL is a language, not a binary executable. Create a PL/SQL script
> using a text editor and then run it from sqlplus using the '_at_' redirection
> option.

You can also simply enter a PL/SQL block in SQL*Plus. Type BEGIN or DECLARE and hit return, you are now entering code that will be processed by the PL/SQL engine. If you have a large amount of code that you may reuse, placing it in a text file as above is best. It is useful to note that all the code entered in this block is treated like one SQL statement, it can be edited with the recall and change commands, and saved to a file with SAVE.

Dave Boswell Received on Sun Apr 09 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message