Problems with SQL*Forms 3.0 for Unix

From: Federico R Cabanes <frc7186_at_cs.rit.edu>
Date: 1995/04/08

Greetings:

Our company is in the process of migrating from Oracle 6 on the VAX/VMS platform to Oracle 7.1.4 running on an SGI Indigo Unix box. I've installed the Oracle server and got it up and running on the SGI without many problems. We exported our database on the VAX and imported it into the SGI Oracle Server without much hassle.

While this was relatively straightforward, we've been having a hell of a time with SQL*Forms 3.0 for Unix. The problem is that we have a lot of forms that were already written for the database when it was on the VAX. We thought it would be a simple task to copy all of the .inp files and regenerate the .frm files on the SGI platform. This has been far from the case. When I attempt to just load some of the .inp files, I get the following message:

        ORA-00942: Table or view does not exist

There are a few of the forms that I CAN load but when I try to save it to the database I get the same error. Out of the forms that I can load, a few will let me actually generate a .frm file. These .frm files seem to work without a problem.

Debugging has been extremely frustrating since I can find no way to trace the .inp file to see what line(s) that SQL*Forms doesn't like. At first I thought the .inp files might be referencing some synonyms that for some reason weren't defined. This doesn't appear to be the case. If anyone knows how to debug a .inp file or can offer any suggestions to solve this problem, it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

        -Federico Cabanes Received on Sat Apr 08 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message