Re: Longest TAR Contest

From: Sean Stasica <v045101_at_spica.stortek.com>
Date: 1995/04/03

Gary Meyers (dbsgrm_at_arco.com) wrote:
: I opened a TAR with Oracle Worldwide Customer support on February 2nd. They still
: haven't figured it out. It's a SQLNet V2 problem.
: Okay--So I'm at 8 weeks and holding on this tar. Anybody got an open tar longer?

8 weeks is nothing. I had more than one open at once that were over 4 months old. After completely giving up on the product (Forms4) and tech support's ability to help solve my problems, I later found out why so many of my TARs were not completed.

Tech support took it upon themselves to close the ones out they either didn't know how to reproduce, didn't understand, had logged enhancements for (they close out the TARs even if enhancements aren't completed), bug fixes, etc. I never got what I considered a closure on many of my TARs and Oracle never notified me of these closures either.

That was the reason for most of my closures, yet I've still found the same bugs and what I deem as necessary enhancements that to this day (15 months later) that I logged and are not completed in Forms 4.5. I'm sure you and I are not alone on this topic!

Sean Received on Mon Apr 03 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message