Re: Longest TAR Contest

From: Eric D Pierce <sac50216_at_saclink1.csus.edu>
Date: 1995/04/03

Gary Meyers (dbsgrm_at_arco.com) wrote:
: I opened a TAR with Oracle Worldwide Customer support on February 2nd.
: They still
: haven't figured it out. It's a SQLNet V2 problem.
:
: Check this out: I just got off the phone with a Support Duty Manager. The
: Support
: analyst hasn't gotten back to me because the Developer he's trying to get
: won't
: return his phone calls or e-mail. Oh, and "Sorry, but the analyst is really
: busy,
: and is working on other tars. He hasn't called you back because he had
: nothing new
: to report since _last Friday_"
:
: Okay--So I'm at 8 weeks and holding on this tar. Anybody got an open tar
: longer?
:
: Can you see the steam coming out of my ears?
:
: ---
: Gary Meyers : Usual disclaimer here
: dbsgrm_at_arco.com : My opinions, etc. etc.

Hi Gary and other Netters,

Thanks for the amusing message on monday morning!

I had one a couple of years ago where the TARer "forgot" to call the TARee (me) to let me know that he was going into training for a week, so I patiently waited for the call for two weeks. ARGGG.

The ultimate TAR record I have heard of was related to me by an acquaintence who administers the VAX Oracle here. He had a TAR in for about a YEAR!?! Every month, someone at Oracle tech support would call and say something like "can we close this TAR, it is inactive". The customer would say "sure, as soon as you solve the original problem". Oracle tech support then said "somebody will call you about it". A month later someone at Oracle tech support would call saying "can we close this inactive TAR" ...

If you can't join 'em, maybe you can beat the TAR out of 'em?

(If you are on Netware Oracle 7.1, I have a tip about SQL*Net 2, send private email to my primary account: "PierceED_at_csus.edu").

Regarding your question about steam: yes.

Have a good datum,

EP
Database/Network Technician
Student Services
California State University, Sacramento Received on Mon Apr 03 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message