Re: Longest TAR Contest

From: Geoff Coleman <geoff_at_li-business.ab.ca>
Date: 1995/04/04

>Gary Meyers (dbsgrm_at_arco.com) wrote:
>: I opened a TAR with Oracle Worldwide Customer support on February 2nd. They still
>: haven't figured it out. It's a SQLNet V2 problem.
>: Okay--So I'm at 8 weeks and holding on this tar. Anybody got an open tar longer?
>
>8 weeks is nothing. I had more than one open at once that were over 4
>months old. After completely giving up on the product (Forms4) and
>tech support's ability to help solve my problems, I later found out why
>so many of my TARs were not completed.

        This is starting to sound like a Monty Python sketch!! But really an 8 week old TAR is a mere baby. When it gets up to 4 months with an acknowledged bug that the developer is working on daily then it gets interesting. Or the more common case where the local support can reproduce the problem but because WWS can't they say it isn't a problem and then send a fax 8 months later saying they closed the TAR because it was unreproducible.

Our longest tar I would guess at about a year.

Geoff Coleman Received on Tue Apr 04 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message