Re: forms 4 and character mode

From: Barberl <barberl_at_aol.com>
Date: 4 Mar 1995 19:30:34 -0500

It works really well for us. We use Windows to generate the forms and then run them in character mode under AIX. You must set tight standards on how things are developed.
1. You must used a monospaced font. We experimented quite a bit because Oracle handles fonts so badly in Forms. We settled on boiler plate being Courier New 11 pt Bold and Text Items Courier New 10 point. Boiler plate text will not by default line up with Text items on a character grid. You have to slam text into the upper left corner of the designer to get it to change it's alignment. This bug still exists in 4.5. 2. You must specify a set number of lines very carefully. 3. You must experiment with things such as radio buttons and check boxes. We use both but have tightened how and where they should be used. Received on Sun Mar 05 1995 - 01:30:34 CET

Original text of this message