Re: ORACLE MANUFACTURING

From: Francois G. Gendron <gendron_at_cam.org>
Date: 23 Feb 95 13:11:54 GMT

In article (Dans l'article) <3i6clu$qs1_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com>, skond90644_at_aol.com (SKond90644) wrote (icrivait) :

> I haven't seen any user-related postings regarding Oracle Manufacturing.
> Anyone out there using it? We are in the learning stage of 10.4 and I'm
> wondering if anyone has found a way to import item numbers into the Oracle
> tables rather than having to re-key them in. According to Oracle, their
> import routine will not be available until the next release AT LEAST.
>
> If anyone has any info or suggestions, please e-mail me at:
> steve.kondolf_at_f206.n2613.z1.fidonet.org
> Thanks and take care!
> Steve

Steve,

I will be starting an Oracle Applications mailing list sometime soon (Its late by a month because I had little time to work on it these past few days, but very few pieces are missing now). Already, I have at least 100 people registered for it. If you want to register, send me a mail with the word REGISTRATION in the subject.

As for your question regarding loading items in MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS without using the unsupported interface, you can use a technique which we once used to import data using the validation provided with the forms.

What you need to do is to write a program (this is not long to do) which will convert your item information into a file which contains the keystrokes you would need to enter had you used the actual form.

They you use SQL*Form's playback mecanism to "play" your script and thus entering the data. This is not very elegant, but sometimes it is better than doing it all manually.

Hope this helps

--
Francois G. Gendron                 Internet : gendron_at_cam.org
Conseiller Principal                Telephone: (514) 651-8471

-- Efficient, Re-engineered Businesses supported by Oracle Applications --